This year, the Equinor & Techstars Energy Accelerator will be entirely virtual. Ten selected startups will receive support from over one hundred mentors during the program.
Ten startups have been selected from hundreds of applicants across 44 countries. Through a 13-week program, they will seek to accelerate their development as they tap into a global network of experts and resources from Equinor, KONGSBERG, Capgemini, and Techstars. The selected startups represent some of the most exciting ideas within the energy sector.
The companies are trying to increase safety at sea, improve oil production with a lower Co2 footprint and produce hydrogen more efficiently. And do wind turbines really need blades?
This year the accelerator will be held digitally. Over one hundred mentors will contribute with experience and the opportunity to create networks. The program starts on 15 February and finishes on 11 May with a Demo Day. Here, the startups will present their solutions to Equinor, the partners, and other potential investors.
THE STARTUPS SELECTED FOR EQUINOR & TECHSTARS ENERGY ACCELERATOR 2021 ARE:
- Cnergreen, Canada – Enhanced oil recovery and CO2 storage efficiency via resilient nanoparticle-based foam technology
- Dimeq, Norway – No more lives lost at sea with nextgen IoT
- Ecolectro, US – Solving the high cost of renewable hydrogen by using alkaline exchange materials to replace precious metals
- f3nice, Italy – Circular economy for additive manufacturing
- FalconX, Canada – An economic solution for reusing & recycling produced and flow back water at the well site
- Geolumina, US – Intuitive AI with geologic insight
- Hyperion Global Energy, US – An all-in-one, drop-in carbon capture and conversion unit designed for breakthrough industrial scale
- Ocean Access, Norway – Increased operational autonomy and reliability for remote ocean & subsea monitoring
- RZX Technologia, Brazil – Minimizing human error in industry
- Vortex Bladeless, Spain – Harnessing wind energy without blades; reducing the cost of electricity